APEC provides class visits for thousands of school children each year. All workshops provide educational concepts about various aspects of Alley Pond Park's living environment. Programs have been adapted to New York State Core Curriculum Standards and Expectations.
Please Note:Due to high demand for school trips, space is limited. As a result a $50 nonrefundable deposit for each class attending the school trip is required at the time of booking.
Day of Trip Guidelines
• Leave children on bus and have one teacher register your group at the Front Desk. We appreciate money that folds and not that jingles!
• If your bus is running late please call APEC at 718-229-4000 and we will try to accommodate you. However we must try to stay within the scheduled time constraints of your trip.
• Please dress appropriately for a nature walk – i.e. closed shoes, rain gear, etc.
• In warmer weather please have children apply insect repellent outside. APEC does not provide or sell bug spray
• APEC does not supply hand sanitizer or paper towels
Directions to APEC
Our location is 228-06 Northern Blvd., Douglaston, NY 11362. APEC is located just east of the Cross Island Parkway on Northern Blvd. in Northeast Queens. We’re a one story green building with parking behind the Center.
PLEASE NOTE: frequently bus drivers and groups confuse us with Alley Pond Park, which is located 10-15 minutes south of us. This error will make you quite late for your program; please try to avoid!
When using a GPS, if Douglaston does not work, try Little Neck
Class Visits are by reservation only. To Schedule a trip call 718-229-4000 ext. 207
School trip Bookings for the upcoming school year will being on Monday, August 22, 2016.
|For program descriptions, prices, registration information, and policies about our Nursery and Pre-K programs, please see our Early Childhood Brochure.|
Choose from the following themes:
|What's in a Pond?|
For 2's, 3's, and Special Needs students:Only the Animals! Animals! program is available
Seasonal Pre-KLet's Talk Turkey (November Only)
Beautiful Butterflies (May Only)